We're building a global network of creative thinkers and the people and organizations who support them. Have a go-to creative experience you're dying to share? Favorite museum? Cool outdoor adventure spot? Want to highlight an especially awesome organization, school, educator, or creative resource?
Let us know! We'll add your submissions to our massive map of creative hotspots for all to enjoy. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, fill out the form below, or use the hashtag #sparkhotspot on Twitter (@sparkitivity) to clue us in!
1. Sparkitivity, Katonah, NY (we couldn't resist!)
2. New York Hall of Science, New York, NY
3. New York Historical Society, New York, NY
4. International Center for Studies in Creativity, Buffalo, NY
5. Creativity Expert Exchange, Buffalo, NY
6. Creative Problem Solving Institute, Buffalo, NY
7. Crayola Experience, Orlando, FL
8. Varsity Day Camp, Pinckney, MI
9. The Center for Gifted, Wilmette, IL
10. The Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL
11. Experience Music Project, Seattle, WA
12. Children’s Creativity Museum, San Francisco, CA
13. Bookopolis, Menlo Park, CA
14. Play-Well Activity Center, Ventura, CA
15. Byrdseed, Seal Beach, CA
16. Portland Children's Museum, Portland, OR
17. FableVision Learning, Boston, MA
18. Museum of Science, Boston, MA
19. Blue Bunny Books & Toys, Dedham, MA
20. The Works Museum, Bloomington, MN
21. Leonardo's Basement, Minneapolis, MN
22. Minneapolis College of Art and Design (MCAD), Minneapolis, MN
23. Beacon Self Directed Learning, New Haven, CT
24. Skokie School MakerSpace, Winnetka, IL
25. Cooper-Hewit, Smithsonian Design Museum, New York, NY
26. Liberty Science Center, Jersey City, NJ
27. The CoLab: a Collaborative MakerSpace (Carleton Washburne School), Winnetka, IL
25. Cooper-Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
Sparkitivity e-news subscriber Chris James submitted Cooper-Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum as an addition to our Creative HotSpots map:
It is a very cool, interactive museum, with electronic tables that you can design things at with an interactive pen.
26. Liberty Science Center
A Sparkitivity 4th grade student submitted the Liberty Science Center as an addition to our Creative HotSpots map:
It is the best science center, because it has plenty of interactive things in it.
27. the CoLab: a Collaborative Makerspace (Carleton Washburne School)
Sparkitivity e-news subscriber Timothy Selgrat submitted the CoLab: a Collaborative Makerspace (Carleton Washburne School) as an addition to our Creative HotSpots map:
Designed for collaboration and creativity, this student-driven space is the center of our makerspace universe. Students have the opportunity to explore different topics, ask questions, brainstorm and then innovate and create!